Since the upcoming South Alabama game was moved to a 4:30pm kickoff, here’s the updated schedule of pregame festivities around the Alamodome on game day.
Saturday, Oct. 8
– 11:30 a.m. — TAILGATING BEGINS
– Noon-4 p.m. — ROADRUNNER STATION — Battle of the Bands with student bands Mark Muniz and the Carter McKay Band, Lonely Horse, The Lost and Suckerpunch
– 1:30-4:30 p.m. — ROWDY TOWN – pre-game festivities at the north plaza outside the Alamodome
– 2 p.m. — SPIRIT WALK — Team and band enter the Alamodome
– 2:30 p.m. — DOORS OPEN FOR STUDENTS — only students who printed tickets at home
– 3 p.m. — DOORS OPEN TO GENERAL PUBLIC — as well as students using UTSACard for access
– 4:15 p.m. — SOSA MARCH-IN — leading up to National Anthem and players entering field
– 4:30 p.m. — UTSA FOOTBALL KICKOFF — Wear your orange and blue to the Alamodome as the Roadrunners take on the South Alabama Jaguars!
UTSA recently sent out a survey to students regarding the upcoming football season, and it contained some information that had not yet been announced publicly.
First, all home games at the Alamodome will kick off at 1 pm. This comes as somewhat of a surprise, as the only other published time was in the McMurry football schedule, which had the McMurry @ UTSA game starting at 2 pm. Check out our updated Future Schedules page for game times of most of the 2011 away games as well.
Next, the university will likely host “pre-game activities that could include tailgating, free concerts, food venues, family activities, Team Spirit Walk or other entertainment outside the Alamodome starting at 10 a.m. on gameday.”
There are also two tentatively planned events for the days prior to each home football game, including “‘Roadrunners on the River Walk,’ which will be on Friday before the games and involves the football team and marching band” as well as “scheduled spirit events on Thursday nights on the Main Campus.”
VIA Park & Ride bus options will cost $2.50 roundtrip for students, $5 for all others, and will likely be available at the following locations:
- UTSA Main Campus
- Madia Center (South Side)
- UTSA Downtown Campus